Details circulated from NEMPF
In 2015 the North & East Midlands Photographic Federation will celebrate its Diamond Jubilee. As part of the celebrations the Federation Executive has agreed that we will produce a DVD and a Photographic book of images from N&EMPF Club members. For the DVD we will use a maximum of one photograph from one photographer and we are looking for around 500 photographs. The DVD will be available to purchase/hire for each Federation Club and will be made available to the PAGB recorded Lecture Service as well as a copy for our Federation archives.
For the book we would like photographs from every single Club in N&EMPF. It is not an Exhibition but a representative sample of work. Obviously photographs submitted for the DVD can be included. Where appropriate a couple of paragraphs about the history of the Club would be very useful. We are looking for between 4 and 6 images per club. The cost of the book to clubs/members is still to be decided.
All photographs and supporting information can be sent directly to David Gibbins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals can submit work directly (e-mail or CD) but must be a bona-fide member of a N&EMPF Club, for entries for the book it would be better if this was coordinated within each Club who should submit a CD of the proposed images and narrative.
Format of Photographs for DVD
1. You may enter only one photograph, which must be entirely your own work.
Composite images are permitted provided all component images meet this requirement.
2. Files must be jpeg format, RGB mode (for both colour and monochrome PDI) in sRGB colour space. The maximum dimensions to be 1400 pixels horizontal by 1050 pixels vertical. (Please note: NOT 1400 pixels vertical).
3. They must be titled Your Name_Title of Photo_Name of Club
e.g. David Gibbins_Old Dubrovnik_Beeston Camera Club
Format of Photographs for Photographic Book
1. Files can be in TIFF or jpeg format at a minimum of 300dpi
2. Each image should be individually titles also clearly indicating name of photographer and club
Individual single image entries can be submitted between 1st May 2014 and 30th September 2014.
Information packs for the book need to arrive by end November 2014
David Gibbins APAGB ARPS EFIAP BPE4