Melbourne World War One Centenary Photographic competition
To contribute to Melbourne’s remembrance of The Armistice Century, Melbourne Photographic Society have launched a photographic competition with the theme of “Comradeship”. We are hoping for hundreds of entries, of which the winning and highly commended entries will be selected to be on exhibition on 27th October at Melbourne Assembly Rooms. There will be a prize of a £50 voucher for the winner to spend at the photographic retailer of their chose.
The competition is open to all local photographers. We are not looking for photographical technical excellence, just for creativity around the theme of Comradeship. The theme is open to individual interpretation, but entries must have the Armistice centenary at their heart.
The deadline for submissions will be Friday 12th October 2018, with the winners notified on 19th October 2018. The winning entry and highly commanded entries will be on display at the Melbourne Assembly Rooms on Melbourne’s Remember day – Saturday 27th October 2018.
Here’s the small print:
- Entrants can submit up to three prints, in colour or black and white. Electronic images are not accepted. Prints should be a maximum size of 210 x 297mm (A4) and a minimum of 148 x 210mm (A5).
- Each entry should be marked, on the reverse, with your name, address, contract telephone number and email address.
Entries should be sent to one of the following options:The competition closes at midnight on Friday 12th October 2018.
- Posted to Melbourne World War One Centenary Photographic Competition, Competition Sec, Melbourne Photographic Society, The Barns, Jawbone Lane, Kings Newton, Melbourne, DE73 8BW;
- Handed in to the Melbourne Photographic Society stand at the Melbourne Arts Festival on 15th and 16th September;
- Handed in to the Melbourne Photographic Society regular meeting on Thursday 11th October at the Thomas Cook hall, between 7-7.30 pm.
- Entries cannot be returned, and proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The organisers accept no responsibility for lost entries, damaged or postal delays.
- All entries must the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of the copyright in all photographs entered.
- Entrants will retain copyright of all photographs entered into the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Melbourne Photographic Society the right to publish and exhibit their photographs at the Melbourne World War One Centenary exhibition and on the Society’s website.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. Melbourne Photographic Society reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if the competition organisers have reasons to believe that an entrant has broken the rules.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the organisers reserve the right to offer the prize to a runner up.
- Melbourne Photographic Society reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Any members of Melbourne Photographic Society involved in running the competition are excluded from entering photographs.